ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS IN THE AREA OF RECREATION, RECREATION FACILITIES, RECREATIONAL PRODUCTS AND RECREATIONAL/SPORTS PROTECTIVE/EXERCISE EQUIPMENT, HEALTH AND FITNESS CLUBS|
Dr. C. J. Abraham, P.E.
3 Baker Hill Road, Great Neck, NY 11023
Chi siamo (Italiano)
About Scientific Advisory Services, Ltd.
Curriculum Vitae Dr. C. J. Abraham [PDF]
New Materials Award of the Textile Institute
Amusement Park Accident Verdict
Overcoming Federal Preemption
Playgrounds and Amusement Parks
Concussions - Your Body Is Nothing Without A Brain [PDF]
Prior Trial Results
Human Factors, Safety & Hazard Analysis
Toy Design & Safety
Warnings & Instructions
Sports & Recreation Safety
OSHA and Labor Law
Slips, Trips & Falls
Recreation & Sports Accidents
Columbia University Presentation
The Flammable Fabrics Act: An Unreasonably Dangerous Act
Flammable Fabrics Case
A New Standard of Care in
Absorbing and Dissipating Forces
A Viable Product vs. The Legal System
Concussions, Head Injuries and the Textile Industry [PDF]
Concussions and Potential Risks in Children and Adults [PDF]
United States District Court Decision: Allison Nowak, et al Plaintiffs v. Faberge U.S.A. and Precision Valve Corporation, Defendants
Arnau v. WC Maui Coast LLC, et al.; U.S. District Court, District of Mawaii
Industrial Products & Equipment
Improved Protection For Sports Helmets
News – Battery Petition
NHTSA Petition: Battery Explosions
Soccer – Head Injuries and Protection
National Alliance for Youth Sports – SportingKid Magazine – Fall 2007
Dr. Abraham at Columbia University [PDF]
ForceField FF Headbands
- Licensed P. E. and Certified Safety Engineer
- Licensed Professional Engineer with a specialty in Safety Engineering and Design
- Diplomate in Sports and Recreation Safety (Over 42 years of consulting experience in the areas of safety on sports and recreation
- Former Director of Sports, Recreation & the Athletics Division of Inter-City Testing & Consulting Corporation for twenty-eight years.
- Member of the ASTM from 1964 to the present time involved directly in creating safety standards for residential and commercial (public) playgrounds.
- Certified in warnings and instructions-created warnings and instructions for many products
- Consulted to municipalities throughout the United States and Canada in safety in their parks and playgrounds (Boston, MA; Brockton, MA; New York City; Brooklyn; Nassau County and London, Canada to name a few)
- Presented seminars to the graduating class of mechanical engineers at Columbia University School of Mechanical Engineering covering subjects relating to safety and design of playground activities and exercise equipment
- Consulted to ABC and CBS on amusement park accidents
- Consulted to WPTV, Channel 5, Florida on the safety of public recreational facilities for children
- Consulted on the safety of activities at amusement parks including water parks (Splish Splash in Suffolk County, Coney Island, Six Flags, Chuck E Cheese and Disney World)
- Consulted on cruise lines with reference to safety of their recreational activities and exercise equipment
- Consulted on cases involving various health and fitness clubs i.e. physical trainers, exercise equipment, swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and slip and fall accidents.
- Consulted to Wave Runners (Wave Loch Inc.)
- Consulted on tennis pitching machines (Lobster Inc.)
- Consulted on McDonald's and Burger King's children's play area
- Member of the ASTM committee on the safety of paintball facilities
- Member of the Executive Committee and consultant in the area of engineering and human factors to the Hockey Equipment Certification Council (HECC) (1980-1998)
- U.S. Delegate-International Standards Organization (ISO) (1988-1998)
- Member Safety & Protective Equipment Committee (SPEC) of USA Hockey (1996-2008)
- Inventor of the Bio-Lite football facemask licensed to Riddell
- Inventor of the ForceField FF Headband www.forcefieldheadbands.com)
- Creator of warnings and instructions for many sports products
- Consulted to Intamin AG (Switzerland - rollercoasters)
- Consulted to Northern Lights (manufacturer of fitness equipment)
- Consulted to MicroSoft - Kinesiology Studies, Human Movements and Muscle Impacts, Warnings and Instructions
- Consulted on cruise ships with reference to the safety of their activity areas for passengers.
- Consulted on news programs on the safety of public playgrounds
- Consulted for Chuck E Cheese with reference to the safety of the activities in their activity center.
- Presentations made throughout the United States and Europe on sport injuries to both children and adults.
- I was the founder and CEO of Inter-City Testing & Consulting Corp., a national company from 1970 to 1998. In that capacity I directed the consulting, testing, reconstruction and evaluation of a variety of sports and recreation facility cases. Among the cases I consulted on and evaluated were a large number of fitness equipment accidents.